Skip to content
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a
single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil, without stirring, to hard crack stage, 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, stir in almonds, and pour mixture into foil lined jelly roll pan; tip pan from side to side to spread candy evenly in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over candy brittle. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until shiny and soft.
- Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Break into bite-size pieces.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.