Skip to content
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt over hot (not boiling) water 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In small cup, dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 teaspoons boiling water. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and coffee. Beat until creamy. Add egg and melted morsels. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.